Hi dee ho! Tessa needs to catch up on a couple assignments. Sorry it has taken me so long! Let's cut to the chase, then.
My Alkali Earth Metal of the Week:
Francium (pronounced /ˈfrænsiəm/), formerly known as eka-caesium and actinium K,[1] is a chemical element that has the symbol Fr and atomic number 87. It has the lowest known electronegativity of all known elements, and is the second rarest naturally occurring element (after astatine). Francium is a highly radioactive metal that decays into astatine, radium, and radon. As an alkali metal, it has one valence electron.
Marguerite Perey discovered francium in France (from which the element's name comes) in 1939. It was the last element discovered in nature, rather than synthesized.[2] Outside the laboratory, francium is extremely rare, with trace amounts found in uranium and thorium ores, where the isotope francium-223 continually forms and decays. As little as 30 g (one ounce) exists at any given time throughout the Earth's crust; the other isotopes are entirely synthetic. The largest amount ever collected of any isotope was a cluster of 10,000 atoms (of francium-210) created as an ultracold gas at Stony Brook in 1997.[3]
The Color of Foods in My Kitchen:
(And here is the part of my life that really needs some work. Just got into a discussion with some girlfriends about how I don't really cook. How sad and embarrassing! I think this is going to be my new year's resolution: to take chargeof my gu qi and start healthy foods for myself.) That being said...
I have red apples, yellow lemons, green sparagus, red cranberry sauce, oranges, orange goldfish crackers (hee hee), green lettuce, eggs, white cheese, bagels .....and we are getting into the beige family. My kitchen needs food makeover. Seriously, I am making some changes.
About the websites:
I really enjoyed checking out all the colors of the minerals. There's a really cool crystal store right down the street from me. I think I'd like to research some of the properties of different minerals, figure out which colors might best benefit different friends, and then buy them some holiday mineral gifts! I will definitely refer back to this site. So interesting how the colors range so widely! hallelulujah color!
The site about flames didn't work for my computer right. I couldn't view the movies. But I did figure out how to do the step by step of pictures and saw the colors of flames change over each slide. Pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of the things I love about cooking is the color therapy I get while chopping vegetables. Looking intently at green beans or orange squash whle cutting them, the food is feeding me even before I eat it! I'm at Ammachi's ashram now, and I always volunteer in the kitchen and it's really pronounced here as I'm chopping one thing for an hour or more -- and the cutting board gets colored too. Especially with purple cabbage. Oh, that's right, you were asking what foods were purple besides blueberries, so there you go, purple cabbage!
hey Tessa i hear you about takin care of your gu qi. if you want to talk more on that i have some suggestions
i just had an amazing pomegranate and that has purple in it too.
Beige is definitely a good category: french fries bagels white bread cookies angel food cake...
I wonder why the guy who wrote about foods didn't go into greater detail on the beige front,
must be some kind of health food prejudice ah well
oh where do donuts fit into this? we could feed them to the brain mutated rats and see if they start behaving like CHP all of a sudden
now that would be an experiment to spend some taxpayers dollars on...
ok I ate too many pickles in the fermented demented group hahaha
Michael
Post a Comment