Thursday, December 6, 2007

Looking at the cell structure sites...

It was nice to get the broad overview, then break it down into animal, plant, virus and bacteria cell structures, as we progressed through the sites. The last site was the real deal, though. How cool to be able to zoom in on different parts of the cell, cut them open and see what's inside. I liked this layout alot and wish it would have been available when I was in high school. But it is now! Very cool. Useful for understanding how everything functions in such a small and important structure. It blows me away how much different types of cells vary, like the animal versus the virus versus the plant. But I guess look how different they are on the outside, too!

Spike's Site!!!

Wow! This reminds me of the time I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium and was blown away by the jellyfish section. How cool it would be to have a home with artwork of these microscopic creatures all around! I love to see the patterns they are made of, and how those patterns repeat in everything around us, right down to fashion. I just saw a crazy necklace pendant that looked just like one of those little guys. I could very easily have become a biologist of some kind. Or an artist who takes inspiration from nature. Perhaps I'll do a little of both in my spare time. All that spare time. But one day, there will be more.
With TCM, I think we look for the patterns that are not quite as obvious, or maybe they are. We look inside the human body with our intuition and skills and look for the places where this person's qi is flowing, where it is blocked. Patterns in nature, all the diversity. I feel like I just drank a bunch of coffee i am so excited! Think I just figured out the topic for my final paper.

No comments: