This area is so tricky. We spoke in class about possibly just letting nature take its course in certain situations so we didn't have to mess with all of these animals. Arpita's comment really struck a chord with me when she mentioned that maybe we should just let some things be. It just never felt right to me when they would test products on animals and it never will feel right. I can't believe it is still being done. And really, If you aren't sure if something is going to be safe for humans, then just don't use it...or better yet, don't even make it. I know this is a pretty extreme thought, but perhaps it would allow people to connect back to their roots a little more and have to put in the work to find the healthiest ingredients and methods of doing things.
Biochemistry...such a vast subject. It's no wonder that there are so many definitions and Wikipedia's is so long.
I viewed the animations--pretty cool to see them all in 3D. The chain reaction animation reminded me of a video game or something. Liked the way the little balls kept dividing the other balls up--perfect example of a chain reaction, chemically. I used to envision more of a domino effect, I think. It certainly helps to drive home the idea by actually seeing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment